Our highly skilled physicians treat each patient with compassion and dignity. Jupiter Medical Group is committed to listening to each patient's concerns and aggressively treating common ailments. As specialists in Primary Care and Internal Medicine, we provide a full range of services for adults and adolescents.
Our office is equipped with diagnostic and ancillary services including:
- A laboratory for in-office urinalysis, blood chemistry analysis, and complete blood count (CBC) and culturing
- A cardiovascular laboratory utilizing, electrocardiography (EKG), echocardiography (ECHO) and holter monitor
- Pulmonary function testing to assist in diagnosing emphysema and other lung diseases
- Treatment of acute illnesses and infections
- Bone Densitometry for measuring bone loss and the diagnosis of osteoporosis
- Gynecological care: pap smears and breast exams
- In house Allergy clinic services
- DOT Physicals - Health Requirements
The basic requirements for passing a DOT physical exam are:
- With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Hearing needs to be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Your blood pressure has to be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication may be used to control blood pressure.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is permitted.
We have a particular interest in the treatment of heart disease and offer testing and therapeutic services for a full range of heart problems including:
- Arrhythmias (heart palpitations)
- Coronary artery disease
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Vascular disease
On request, we provide information about risk management of major medical diseases to our patients to help ensure optimal health.