What is Chronic Care Management?
Chronic Care Management program is a service available through your provider that provides additional support and resources that have been proven to help patients manage their chronic conditions more effectively.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recognizes that CCM is a critical component of primary care that promotes better health and reduces overall health care costs.
If you have Medicare and live with two or more chronic conditions like arthritis, diabetes, depression, or high blood pressure, Medicare’s CCM program enables us to provide you with around the clock services to help manage and improve your overall wellness, so you can spend more time doing what you love.
How does the CCM program work?
Each month or as determined, a dedicated healthcare professional also known as a CCM coordinator, will contact you, this “non-face-to-face care” may include phone calls, text messaging, mailing or patient portal communication.
The CCM coordinator are an extension of your provider's office and they work on behalf of the provider.
What Services are available to me?
- At least 20 minutes a month or every other month of chronic care management services.
- Provide personalized assistance from a dedicated health care professional who will work with you. to create your customized and comprehensive care plan designed to optimize your health, set up health goals and improve your quality of life.
- Coordinate care between your specialists, labs, radiology, hospitals, pharmacy and more.
- Phone check-ins between visits to keep you on track and assist you in your healthcare needs.
- 24/7 emergency access to a health care professional.
- Assist with scheduling appointments with your physician, including same day appointments.
- Assist with management of medications in between office appointments.